Today we will talk about a question that many foreigners coming to Turkey ask, which is how to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment ???.
How to obtain Turkish citizenship has become a question that occupies many minds, especially after the issuance of the Citizenship Law, which answers that question foreigners ask. The Turkish Nationality Law has attracted the attention of many investors around the world, especially from the citizens of many countries in the Arab region who are looking for more facilities in their travel and movement. The Turkish nationality law and the facilities to obtain citizenship encouraged many to obtain it, especially that it does not contain any risks. As for the mechanism for obtaining citizenship, it is simple and does not need to be complicated, it is a type of real estate investment.
So what is the real estate law through which I can obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment?
The Turkish nationality law is a law of obtaining citizenship and it was issued in 2010, but the law was amended in 2018, and through this law, citizenship can be obtained for everyone who wishes to invest in Turkey with one of the types of investment, which includes:
The first is to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate ownership through the investor’s owning of any property in Turkey with a minimum value of 250 thousand US dollars and you on the condition that the property is not sold for a period of three years. This is your first choice, or you can obtain Turkish citizenship by depositing the equivalent of 500 thousand A minimum of US dollars in a Turkish bank for a period of three years. You can also by hiring at least 100 Turkish employees to obtain Turkish citizenship, or by purchasing government bonds of $ 200,000, as a minimum.
After obtaining Turkish citizenship, you will enjoy many advantages, as Turkish citizenship has a global status and the Turkish passport is ranking between 36 and 39 in the world, and until the beginning of 2020, the Turkish passport ranked 121 points on the travel index without a visa, so its holders can enter more than 72 countries without obtaining Pre-entry visa (visa). Moreover, 42 countries grant Turkish citizens a visa upon arrival, and 7 countries grant an electronic entry visa that is obtained online.
Another advantage of Turkish citizenship is the possibility of obtaining an E2-class American investor visa, which is usually given for two years to investors coming to America from some countries with which it is bound by friendship, trade or navigation treaties, including Turkey.
After obtaining Turkish citizenship, you will have a Turkish passport that allows entry to the State of Qatar, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Brazil, Argentina, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Sultanate of Brunei, Chile, Georgia, Serbia, and South Africa, Thailand, Northern Cyprus, Ukraine, and many other countries. Without a visa, there are countries that can be entered with an immediate visa, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, and most of Africa.
Now you have to know the methods of obtaining Turkish citizenship and the mechanism for obtaining it after you know its benefits.
One of the ways to obtain Turkish citizenship is what falls under the investment element, and some of it falls under the descent element, in addition to other cases you can obtain Turkish citizenship through.
You can obtain Turkish citizenship through descent through the marriage of a person who holds Turkish citizenship and settling down for a period of three years, and other cases in which Turkish citizenship can be obtained is residence in Turkey with obtaining a work permit for a period of five years, in addition to the exceptional citizenship, which is usually designated to the arrival qualified people and residents of Turkey.
What are the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment?
In the case of real estate investment and obtaining Turkish citizenship, Turkish law stipulated that the property must meet some conditions for those who wish to obtain Turkish citizenship in return for owning a property, which are:
- That the value of the purchased property / real estate is of $ 250,000 and more, or its equivalent in Turkish currency, according to the exchange rate.
- Registering the property in Turkey legally in the Land Registry Department, whether this property is ready, or apartments or real estate with a floor easement / or under construction.
- That the property is purchased from a person who has Turkish citizenship or a Turkish construction company.
- That the property value is paid through a regular bank transfer.
- Foreigners are also required to obtain a real estate appraisal report from a real estate appraisal company approved by the Turkish government
As for the conditions that must be met by the buyer of the property
Firstly, for the property buyer in Turkey to should be from one of the nationalities that fall under the Turkish nationality decision in exchange for owning a property, as the nationality law in Turkey includes all nationalities except for some specific nationalities in addition to the property buyer being an adult, and Turkish citizenship is granted to each of the property owner, his wife and children who are under the age of 18 years, on the other hand, the buyer is obligated not to sell the property for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase.
You will obtain citizenship after you know the mechanism for obtaining it, which is as follows: The documents required to complete the steps for obtaining Turkish citizenship
* A copy of the title deed of the property that was purchased, or the promise to sell / forward sale contract (upon purchase within the floor easement, or on the map) with the notary.
* Real Estate Appraisal Report: It is a report issued by one of the appraisal institutions that are legally licensed by the Turkish government
* Receipts for payment of the original price of the property from the buyer’s account, stamped with the sender’s bank seal.
*Receipts to collect the price of the original property; A bill from the seller’s account, sealed by the receiving bank’s seal.
* Two copies of the special agency from the buyer of the property to the law team with an application to apply for citizenship, which is organized by the notary in Turkey (Notre), which gives the right to submit the Turkish citizenship file and follow it up with the official departments.
* Translating the original passports into Turkish for all family members: husband and wife, and children who are under the age of 18, and attesting them from a notary in Turkey (Notre).
* Birth certificate translated and notarized for each family member.
* A translated and certified copy of the marriage contract.
* Translation of the family book or family statement document.